[Pycon] [new paper] "Mykola Novik" - Introduction to Distributed Tracing

info a pycon.it info a pycon.it
Dom 10 Dic 2017 12:24:49 CET

Title: Introduction to Distributed Tracing
Duration: 45 (includes Q&A)
Q&A Session: 15
Language: en
Type: Talk

Abstract: As architectures tend to decompose into smaller services this days, figuring out what is the root cause of latency can become quite tricky. Regular tools like cProfile does not work in distributed environments as result we need to learn new tools and technics that can help to identify performance problems.

In this talk we will discuss Dapper paper from Google that laid foundation for such distributed tracing tools. I will cover: open source Zipkin distributed tracing system, how it helps to identify performance issues with your applications and how to instrument your code to benefit from it, using simple asyncio application as example.

Tags: [u'distributed-systems', u'zipkin', u'distributed-tracing']