[Python] Fwd: [python-uk] [JOB] Python/Django Developer at United Nations Environment Programme World Conservation Monitoring Centre in Cambridge

Giorgio Zoppi giorgio.zoppi a gmail.com
Gio 18 Giu 2009 16:58:29 CEST

Fortunatamente trovo che il Python sia usato dove conta. Sia nelle TLC
che nell'ambito di progetti di ricerca. Sinceramente non pensavo,
chapò.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Simon Tokumine <si.tokumine a gmail.com>
Date: 2009/6/18
Subject: [python-uk] [JOB] Python/Django Developer at United Nations
Environment Programme World Conservation Monitoring Centre in
Cambridge
To: python-uk a python.org

Hi all,
At UNEP-WCMC (United Nations Environment Programme World Conservation
Monitoring Centre) in Cambridge, we're looking for a developer to join
our Biodiversity Informatics team to help us make scientific focused
web apps for multiple high profile projects.  Specific projects
include raising awareness of national parks around the world, mobile
apps using iPhone 3.0 sensor tech, climate change predictions on the
web and UK Ecosystem Assessment online.   All projects will involve
combining the scientific knowledge within the centre with technology,
and many will include some exposure to online mapping technologies
either through ESRI products, or through OSS such as
MapServer/tilecache.
A good example of our current output is the World Database of
Protected Areas Marine: http://www.wdpa-marine.org/ and our recent
widget that shows recorded biodiversity within protected areas:
http://widgets.gbif.org/pa/index.html#/country/BZ
We're ideally looking for Python/Django/GeoDjango friendly developers,
with 1-2 years experience, but will consider other relevant
experience. Experience with Flex/AS3, Objective-C would be a bonus,
but not essential.  I came from a Ruby shop, so interest and a good
history of developing public facing apps is more important than
specific tech. An interest in conservation and the natural world would
also be desirable :).
Salary range: £20k-£37k.
I'm a senior developer here, and am happy to answer any questions
(email, phone, twitter even!), and have a more formal job advert that
I can forward to any and all that are interested.
Thanks for your time,

Simon Tokumine
--
Senior Informatics Officer