[PIPython] GUI: consigli ed esperienza personale

Nicola Larosa nico
Sab 16 Lug 2005 13:26:13 CEST

> Del QT ho apprezzato moltissimo il designer, decisamente migliore di
> Glade per GTK(ho dato un'occhiata alle GTK in C), ma ho scelto di non
> utilizzare QT per la sua licenza(GPL per Linux, gratis ma non libera per
> windows).

Puoi ripensarci. :-) Dalla versione 4, QT è GPL anche su Windows.

Qt Open Source Edition Licensing
http://www.trolltech.com/products/qt/opensource.html

Trolltech to Extend Dual Licensing to Qt for Windows
http://www.trolltech.com/newsroom/announcements/00000192.html

Scaricabile qui:

Qt/Windows Open Source Edition
http://www.trolltech.com/download/qt/windows.html

Un altro paio di cose interessanti:

Can I make software with the Qt Open Source Edition and release it under
the GNU GPL, BSD, or Artistic license?
http://www.trolltech.com/developer/faqs/index.html?catid=1953&id=187

What if Trolltech stops releasing Open Source Editions of Qt?
http://www.trolltech.com/developer/faqs/index.html?catid=1953&id=189

--
Nicola Larosa - nico a tekNico.net

Lad: Is anyone capable of providing Python advantages over PHP if there
    are any?
Jorey Bump: As you learn Python, you will find that your PHP code will
    improve, possibly becoming more and more concise until it disappears
    completely. -- comp.lang.python, April 2005