[Pycon] [new paper] "Serena Martinetti" - Integration tests ready to use with pytest-play

info a pycon.it info a pycon.it
Sab 6 Gen 2018 23:23:44 CET

Title: Integration tests ready to use with pytest-play
Duration: 45 (includes Q&A)
Q&A Session: 0
Language: en
Type: Talk

Abstract: In my talk I will introduce a new pytest plugin with which it is very easy (even for non-technical) go to create and run new integration testing at any level of IOT complex systems.

pytest-play is a pytest plugin that allows you to play a JSON file that describes some actions and assertions. We can use actions like:
- Selenium, driving the browser for the UI test
- MQTT messages, simulating a device
- API calls
- queries to Cassandra or PostgresSQL (in the future)
- custom commands, thanks to the pluggable architecture
Other advantages:
- UI tests more reliable with implicit waits before interacting with the elements
- BDD support to make the scenario more legible
- reusability of steps

I will show you how easy it is to create a json and execute it on the fly on a Continuous Integration system. So let's start having fun in testing with pytest-play.