[Pycon] [new paper] "Niccolo' "Veggero" Venerandi" - Develop a home-made programming language with python

info a pycon.it info a pycon.it
Sab 6 Gen 2018 17:06:24 CET

Title: Develop a home-made programming language with python
Duration: 45 (includes Q&A)
Q&A Session: 0
Language: en
Type: Talk

Abstract: On the 17th of March 2017, during the introduction to the Google I/O 2017, Kotlin's support to Android was announced. The 15-years-old me listening to the live, immediately inspired, decided to make his own programming language, Nylo, using Python, almost without knowing how.

In this talk, I will talk about how to develop a project like this, what is going to work and what won't work at all. No special knowledge is required, just like I hadn't back then when I begun: functions and flow control.

Actually, I simply hope to entertain you, giving you a general idea about how to create a programming language without special skills and without looking too much into theory, but with examples that will make you able to get back home and develop your own language.

Tags: [u'interpreter', u'programming-languages', u'python3']