[Pycon] [new paper] "Maha Mdini" - Python for Habitable Planets Hunting

info a pycon.it info a pycon.it
Mar 2 Gen 2018 13:59:32 CET

Title: Python for Habitable Planets Hunting
Duration: 240 (includes Q&A)
Q&A Session: 0
Language: en
Type: Training

Abstract: The aim of this training is to start with Python for Data Science. We will be exploring scientific libraries as Numpy and Pandas. We will be testing also some classification algorithms implemented in Scikit-learn.  To display results, we will be using Jupyter notebook and Matplotlib.

The data set we will be manipulating is a public data set from Kaggle (originally from NASA Kepler space telescope ):
https://www.kaggle.com/keplersmachines/kepler-labelled-time-series-data/data
This data set describes the changes in light intensity of a set of stars over a period of time. If the star light intensity goes down and up periodically, this means that there might be a planet orbiting the star.

We will implement statistical calculations to detect the light intensity drops using python data analysis tools.

Tags: [u'data-science']