[Python] ANN: psutil 0.7.0 released

Giampaolo Rodolà g.rodola a gmail.com
Ven 12 Apr 2013 17:12:10 CEST

Hi there folks,
I'm pleased to announce the 0.7.0 release of psutil:
http://code.google.com/p/psutil/

This is mainly a bugfix release addressing a couple of high priority
issues on Linux and FreeBSD.
Complete list of bugfixes and enhancements is here:
https://psutil.googlecode.com/hg/HISTORY

=== New features ===

- psutil.get_boot_time()
- get/set process IO priority support also for Windows
- psutil.cpu_times() on Linux now includes new 'steal', 'guest' and
guest_nice' fields available on recent kernels
- psutil.cpu_times_percent(), which provides utilization percentages
for each specific CPU time as shown by top (user, system, idle, etc.)
- source code has been migrated from SVN to Mercurial (finally!)

=== Compatitility notes ===

- Process cmdline and ppid properties are no longer cached after first access
- psutil.error module is deprecated and scheduled for removal

=== Links ===

* Home page: http://code.google.com/p/psutil
* Source tarball: http://psutil.googlecode.com/files/psutil-0.7.0.tar.gz
* Api Reference: http://code.google.com/p/psutil/wiki/Documentation

Please try out this new release and let me know if you experience any
problem by filing issues on the bug tracker.
Thanks in advance.

--- Giampaolo Rodola'

http://code.google.com/p/pyftpdlib/
http://code.google.com/p/psutil/