[Python] Python developers in Italy

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos a p9ft.com
Gio 19 Maggio 2011 13:28:42 CEST

Hello python-italy community,

First let me apologize in advance for posting in English (I do not yet
speak much Italian) and for perhaps the inappropriate content of this
posting. If we are indeed posting on the wrong forum we would greatly
appreciate it if one of you can point us to the right forum for such
matters.

In short our company is looking to hire 2 top python talents in Rome, Italy.

We (Point Nine)  are a small company (about 20 in all)  offering a
SaaS/outsourcing service to the global financial community. We focus
on middle office operations (data plumbing) and we are pretty much on
the cutting edge both in terms of financial product coverage and also
in technology usage. It's quite a tough field in terms of competition
as our main competitors are tier 1 banks like JP Morgan, Morgan
Stanley etc which have unlimited resources relative to us. We thus
rely on offering a service over and above the one offered by our
competitors which from an IT perspective it also implies we must be
able to remain very flexible and agile. And thus the use of python.
All our core systems are developed in python and are very carefully
crafted to deal with all the weird and wonderful things thrown at us
by our clients. Our approach to development is simple: hire the best,
keep the team small (max 5-6 core developers)  and keep communication
channels open at all times (ie no or little hierarchy). Our main
office is in London where there is a relatively deep pool of talent
but (because of relocation of one of the senior devs in Rome) we are
exploring the possibility of building a small dev team in Rome.  We
have just began our exploration so any feedback/quidance/pointers
would be greatly appreciated.

We will also be presenting at the upcoming EuroPython conference so we
hope to meet some of you there.

Thanking you in advance

--
Pavlos Christoforou