[PyRoma] Dependency Framework

Marcos Lin marcos.lin at farport.co.uk
Thu Oct 15 10:33:24 CEST 2015

Dear Pythonist,

import apologies_for_writing_in_English_but_feel_free_to_reply_in_Italian

if __name__ == __main__:

I am about to embark on writing a dependency framework to be used for my
integrated testing but wanted to ask the community if anyone knows of
something that already exists.  What I am looking for is really no much
different then what already exists in many of the make/build tools.  E.g.:

payment_testA: accountPayerA accountBeneA
payment_testB: accountPayerA accountBeneB

accountPayerA: openAccountPayerA makeDepositPayerA
accountBeneA: openAccountBeneA
accountBeneB: openAccountBeneB registerAdditionDocs

This means that when payment_testA is ran, both accountPayerA and
accountBeneA will be ran.  When payment_testB follows, it will kick of
accountBeneB as accountPayerA already ran.

Our integration testing is written in the usual unittest so knowing the
dependency I can easily write code to kick of the needed test.

Thanks,

Marcos