[Pycon] [new paper] "Leonardo Giordani" - CLEAN ARCHITECTURES IN PYTHON: WHY, WHAT, HOW

info a pycon.it info a pycon.it
Sab 5 Gen 2019 23:15:24 CET

Title: CLEAN ARCHITECTURES IN PYTHON: WHY, WHAT, HOW
Duration: 90 (includes Q&A)
Q&A Session: 0
Language: en
Type: Talk

Abstract: Are you writing a Python application, perhaps with some web interface and a database? Can you run your tests in 10 seconds? Can you replace your relational DB with a NoSQL in one day? Can you easily integrate a component written in another language?

Chances are that you are a prisoner of the framework/library/language you chose, and now your development is forced by the limitations of those tools.

Recently the concept of Clean Architecture has been pushed again by the community of programmers. We received the impressive contribution of people like Robert Martin, Sandi Metz and others that started talking again about layers, isolation, small components, and many other concepts that, as always happens, have been given partially lost or forgotten.

In this talk I want to show what a Clean Architecture is, why you should be interested in it and how such a structure can be created in Python. I will show you that the definition of Clean Architecture encompasses many concepts that you shouldn’t forget even if you are working with a full-fledged framework.

Tags: [u'development', u'components', u'clean-architecture', u'framework', u'api', u'database', u'architecture']