[Pycon] [new paper] "Frédéric Descamps" - MySQL Shell : the best DBA tool ? - How to use the MySQL Shell as a Python framework for DBAs

info a pycon.it info a pycon.it
Ven 14 Dic 2018 10:57:44 CET

Title: MySQL Shell : the best DBA tool ? - How to use the MySQL Shell as a Python framework for DBAs
Duration: 45 (includes Q&A)
Q&A Session: 0
Language: en
Type: Talk

Abstract: MySQL Shell is the new client for MySQL. It understands standard and X protocol. It also allows to send JS, Python or SQL commands to the server. In this talk I will show you how to first configure the Shell for a nice good looking experience with MySQL, show some of the basic commands and objects. After this brief overview I will show how it's possible to extend the Shell and how I hacked it to create an Innotop clone inside the MySQL Shell using Python. This session is a live demo with extra explanation and the code will be shared during and after the presentation.
Join this session if you want to learn how to extend the MySQL Shell in Python.

Tags: [u'database', u'mysql', u'devops']