[Pycon] [new paper] "Franco Minucci" - Flying Python: How to control your drone with Python, a Raspberry Pi and a lot of tape!

info a pycon.it info a pycon.it
Lun 10 Dic 2018 22:20:03 CET

Title: Flying Python: How to control your drone with Python, a Raspberry Pi and a lot of tape!
Duration: 60 (includes Q&A)
Q&A Session: 15
Language: en
Type: Talk

Abstract: The goal of this talk is to show how Python can be successfully employed to control autonomous drones by using Dronekit (a Python library for controlling drones) and a Raspberry Pi. The talk will also touch the use of MicroPython to program _fipy_, which is a small embedded system consisting of multiple radio interfaces.
As practical examples, the talk will also cover some frameworks and libraries my colleagues and I developed for our research on drone-to-drone and drone-to-ground communications.

Tags: [u'embedded', u'LTE', u'UAV', u'udp', u'tcp', u'raspberrypi', u'open-source', u'Drone', u'LoRa', u'Wi-Fi']